Headquartered in Stow, Ohio, Mactac was founded as Morgan Adhesives Co. in 1959 by the late entrepreneur Burton (Burt) Morgan. Along with financial backing from Bemis Co. and a business model that focused on providing high quality products, innovative solutions and superior customer service, Mactac flourished. For 60 years, we’ve been manufacturing and distributing pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) materials that are used in label printing, graphic design, packaging, retail display, fleet graphics, automotive assembly, medical device assembly, and more. Today, Mactac employs 525 people and has operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Mactac’s parent company, LINTEC, is a leading company in the field of adhesive materials. The product lineup covers many diversified fields including not only adhesive papers and films for seals and labels, but also shatter-proof window films, adhesive sheets for outdoor signs, interior finishing mounting sheets, automobile-use adhesive products, semiconductor-related tape, and LCD-related adhesive products.
Mactac pressure sensitive adhesives are used in a wide range of markets and industries and our business is structured accordingly. We are a vertically integrated organization comprised of five business units – each specially designed to meet the unique needs of our customers.
- Processes accounts payable invoices for payment.
- Compares invoices for price and quantity with the purchase order and receiver.
- Acquires the proper approval for invoices with discrepancies, freight charges, or no receiving documentation.
- Recommend improvements to payable process in order to improve invoice process cycle time.
- Ensure applicable vendor discounts are being taken and vendor master set-up is correct.
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a timely manner.
- Process debit and credit memos.
- Assists with journal entries, monthly status reports and closings.
- Prepares monthly accounts payable accrual.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Record sales & use tax and prepare return on a monthly basis.
- Maintains accurate accounts payable files on a timely basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Decision Impact: Corporate
- Department Responsibility: Finance
- Budgetary (P&L) Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: If Applicable
- Management Responsibilities Level: Individual Contributor
- Reports to: Supervisor of Financial & General Accounting
- Location: Stow, OH (Close proximity to Cleveland and Akron, OH)
- Travel: None
- Minimum Associates Degree required
- Accounting emphasis preferred
- Minimum Associates Degree required
- Industry experience not required
- 1 year of experience in accounts payable or other accounting roles
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience required
- ERP Experience preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required
- Familiar with general accounting and office procedures
- Proficiency with 10-key data entry. Strong math skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Ineligible for Relocation
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
If you are having issues submitting your resume, please email it with the Job Title in the subject line to MactacResume@Mactac.com.