Operate the Coating process through a thorough understanding of back and front ends of Coater and emulsion & silicone coating processes.
As a Coating Line Operator you will be assigned to a night shift (6p – 6a, 2-2-3 schedule)
In this important role you will also be responsible for:
- Operating various sections of the 968 Coater.
- Perform all required quality control testing at the machine and make decisions to change the process per results.
- Produce the product on the shop order within process specifications.
- Report all required information into E2000 in order to relieve inventories properly.
- Clean the machine and areas as required to maintain a superior level of cleanliness.
- Perform all required machine preventive maintenance tasks as required by the maintenance department.
- Assume responsibility for the operation of the entire machine while running.
- Load face and backing material into machine, assure correct raw material is run per the order.
- Compound adhesive, release, topcoat and primer for the coater per the process specification.
- Unload tankers of adhesive and perform QA testing per specifications.
- Operate forklift and RF gun to move material.
- Perform cycle counts on chemicals and compounds.
- Ability to perform and understand all positions on the Coater to meet production requirements.
- Follow all health, safety, and housekeeping procedures, policies and practices and consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Support safety, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform all other functions as necessary.
III. Knowledge and Requirements Hourly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to train and work on off shift hours.
- Analytical Problem Solving: Able to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of data and evaluation of alternate solutions. Uses logic, mathematics, or other problem solving tools in data analysis to solve manufacturing or quality problems.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Leadership and Team Work: Able to work independently and in a team environment as needed.
- Professionalism: Able to maintain professionalism while dealing with frequent change, delays, unexpected events, or time demands.
- Commitment to Tasks: Able to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of E2000, Customer Central and other computer systems that support the production system.
IV. Language Skills
Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds.
V. Mathematical Skills
Ability to perform various math functions, with emphasis on the measurable impact of mathematical calculations.
VI. Work Environment
- The person in this position normally works in a manufacturing environment with a significant amount of time spent in the manufacturing facility.
- Hearing, eye, and foot protection are mandatory in the manufacturing area.
The above information on this description is to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com