Responsible for implementing and leading continuous improvement initiatives with guidance and direction from the Plant Manager for the facility and the Corporate Director of Continuous Improvement. Is also responsible for cultivation of continuous improvement methodologies throughout the organization using team based approaches.
- Implementation of continuous improvement initiatives that integrate the philosophy of lean manufacturing into the culture of the facility.
- Lead, facilitate and participate in continuous improvement activities to achieve business objectives.
- Oversee auditing activities to ensure sustainment of continuous improvement activities – addressing gaps through follow-up with departmental leadership or process owners
- Drive and facilitate the use of daily performance tracking tools for the manufacturing floor utilizing the Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI) methodology.
- Communicate the status of continuous improvement projects. This may include: progress reports, participation tracking, cost & savings tracking, identifying barriers and recommended solutions, and integration with other projects or other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the definition, design, and reporting of key metrics for the manufacturing facility. Provide trend analysis and forecasting as required.
- Training of team members in all facets of Mactac’s continuous improvement methodologies.
- Responsible for execution of assigned continuous improvement projects and overall delivery of metric improvement and benefits for the facility, resulting in the achievement of strategic business objectives and goals.
- Actively identifies projects that may lead to better processes, quality and savings through quantitative data from related business systems
- Develop an understanding of process standards such as: start-up and shut-down procedures, product transitions, troubleshooting techniques, material handling, machine standard operating conditions, and quality assurance standards, ensuring new methods/ improvements generated during continuous improvement activities are implemented into standard work
- Projects as assigned.
- Must possess considerable communication skills, both oral and written, to successfully interact with Management, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Planning, Purchasing, and other functional groups as required.
- Must possess ability to work as an individual or part of a team.
- Must possess the ability to analyze, problem solve, and generate new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve across a variety of business processes.
- Thorough understanding of business processes and process improvement.
- Proven ability to achieve results through teams and perform effectively in a diverse work group.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office with aptitude for learning additional computer applications.
- Available to be on site, based on 24-hour on-call schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related area
- Familiarity with continuous improvement/lean manufacturing verbiage, process, tools, etc.
- Training and experience in leading continuous improvement/lean methodologies.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a manufacturing organization pursuing lean activities required.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Frequent – Often daily – contact with;
- Shop employees
- Engineering, Production and Material Planners
- Warehousing Management and Staff
- Customer Service Representatives
- Some Customer interaction
- Some interaction with outside consultants
The Continuous Improvement Site Leader works as an integral member of the plant to which they are assigned. As a result, this position may have a direct impact on implementation of continuous improvement efforts, operational efficiencies, and outputs.
VI. Essential Physical Requirements
Employee in this position works in a typical office and manufacturing environment. Time is therefore split between sitting at a desk, utilizing office equipment and the plant floor.
Flexible hours may be required to accommodate meetings with team members on off shifts.
Up to 10% travel may be required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Operations|