Mactac (Morgan Adhesives Company), a leading manufacturer of quality pressure sensitive adhesive products has an immediate opening for a part-time Data Entry position at its manufacturing facility in the Scranton, PA area. Reporting to the Quality Manager of this facility, the Data Entry Clerk is responsible to accurately and promptly transcribe alphanumeric data from multiple source documents using various software applications to generate and maintain statistical analysis reports to support Operations, Quality, R&D and Claims work streams.
Mactac is a leading manufacturer of pressure sensitive adhesive products worldwide. Our products are used in a wide range of industries including label printing, graphic design, packaging, digital imaging, retail display, fleet graphics, assembly engineering, automotive assembly, and medical device assembly. Please check out our website (www.mactac.com) for more information and links to our social media pages, as well.
- Obtain, prepare, compile, and sort source documents for data entry.
- Confirm the accuracy of the submitted source documents by visual inspection.
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required.
- Enter alphabetic and numeric data from various source documents into prescribed computer files mainly using an MS Excel statistical process control add-on module (SPC IV).
- Check completed work for accuracy.
- Store completed documents in designated locations.
- Print charts/graphs as required.
- Provide support for basic lab testing such as release as necessary.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent typing and numeric key entry skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Accuracy and attention to detail; ability to read, comprehend, and detect errors from various source documents.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with various individuals within the organization.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Formal computer training preferred.
- Previous experience in data entry office environment preferred.
Essential Physical Requirements
This position normally works in an office environment, with minimal time spent in the laboratory and manufacturing areas. The noise level is moderate.
Eye protection (supplied) is mandatory in the laboratories and hearing, eye, and foot protection (supplied) are required in the manufacturing environments.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.