To provide leadership and direction to all operations functions at assigned manufacturing facilities in support of our business objectives. Supervise Plant Managers and their key leaders at assigned facilities.
- Manage and evaluate operational performance in meeting financial objectives and to determine areas of potential cost reduction and continuous improvement as it relates to Operating Profit and Working Capital performance.
- Develop and support action plans with the Plant Managers and their staff that will lead to the successful achievement of all operational objectives in conjunction with the Division’s business plan and overall strategy.
- Assure that the Plants are in compliance with all Environmental, Safety and Health regulations as well as company driven EHS initiatives and objectives.. Assure that the Plants have a “living” EHS Action Plan” that addresses any EHS related gaps that may exist at the Plants.
- Serves as an information resource to others in the organization. Information about manufacturing capabilities, processes and systems are needed by others in making good overall business decisions.
- Partner with HR to assure that the Plants are in compliance with company guidelines/initiatives, external regulations, and with Collective Bargaining Agreements where they are in place. Promote an atmosphere of openness, mutual respect and fairness for Mactac employees.
- Drive a high degree of customer response and customer focus from Operations. Serve as a resource to address customer needs as it relates to quality, service, and product improvement that differentiates Mactac from its competitors in a positive way.
- Partner with the WCM Managers and Plant Managers in driving World Class Manufacturing in Operations, creating on-going continuous improvement in all aspects of Operations.
- Partner with Finance to assure the Plants are in compliance with all related financial regulations and company guidelines that relate to finance.
- Must have a strong technical understanding of the equipment, processes, materials and products being produced in the Plants, along with a minimum of 7-10 years of direct manufacturing experience
- Possess strong knowledge in problem solving techniques that support World Class Manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Must have strong leadership, management, administrative, and decision-making skills.
- Must have a high level of written, oral and interpersonal skills for interacting with production employees, suppliers, customers and other internal managers.
- Good working knowledge of computers and computer systems is necessary. Need good skills in Microsoft Office products as well as the ability to quickly grasp our manufacturing systems.
- A strong knowledge in safety and regulatory matters is necessary for working in the plant environment.
- A college degree in business administration, engineering or related discipline is desirable.
- Five to ten years of management exposure to an hourly work force before assuming this position is necessary.
- Experience as an Plant Manager is a plus.
- Training and education in management, supervisory practices, interpersonal skills, and safety.
- Frequent contact with Plant Managers and support staff at assigned locations to direct the operations.
- Frequent contact with EHS Managers, Human Resources, Plant Engineering, and Production Planning personnel to asure all related business objectives are being met.
- Interacts with R&D engineers and managers to coordinate activities at the site on an as needed basis.
- Interacts with Sales and Marketing personnel on customer issues on a regular basis to assure that Operations are meeting customer expectations.
• Interacts with manufacturing managers at other sites for business coordination as needs arise.
- Meets with equipment, material and service suppliers as needed basis to assure that they are providing the necessary service and support to the Plants so that they achieve overall business objectives.
- Meets with customers on an as needed basis for developing our relationships and improving our quality and service.
- Responsible for all assets and operations of the assigned facilities through the efficient utilization of manpower, material, machines and resources.
- Responsible for uniform administration of all plant and corporate policies and procedures. Responsible for suggesting improvements in these as well as providing lattitude around these when circumstances warrant it.
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all records and reports initiated by employees under his/her direction.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of Plant Managers. This includes activities such as providing direction, recognition, counseling, assist in resolving problems, recommending pay adjustments, performance evaluations and coaching.
VI. Physical Requirements
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this position, (60%) of the employee’s time will be spent in a traditional office environment, where the employee will have seated posture and frequently use standard computer peripherals such as a keyboard and a computer mouse. Thirty percent (30%) of his/her time will be spent in a manufacturing environment moving about the Labels manufacturing facilities, up to 200,000 square feet, interacting with employees, conducting safety audits, and participating on Continuous Improvement Teams. Some time may be spent climbing stairs/ladders when evaluating problems. Up to (10%) of the employee’s time may be spent traveling to/from manufacturing facilities within Mactac, customers, and suppliers.
- Work Environment
- Lighting and temperature are as typical for an office environment (up to 60%) with comfortable temperatures, lighting and exposure to office equipment such as computers, printers, etc.
- Manufacturing floor or warehouse area (up to 30%) where elevated noise levels, fumes, and exposure to moving machinery/forklifts are prevalent. The use of personal protective equipment, such as mandatory hearing protection, safety shoes, high visibility vests and safety glasses with side shields may be required.
- Travel – (up to 10%) domestic air / car travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Operations|