Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Mactac quality system, reporting on the performance of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system. This position will design and maintain quality management systems across all Mactac Americas operations, including ISO, Supplier Quality Process, and Internal Process Quality Systems.
- Provide direction and governance throughout the organization regarding the quality management system and all quality related matters. This includes manufacturing regarding the quality management system and all quality related matters.
- Implement, and consistently improve, same quality practices across Mactac in order to present one foundational practice and execution of procedures for increased stability in product and product testing.
- Responsible for the judicious resolution of external product claims involving all commercial areas.
- Represent Mactac in a positive and professional manner as the preferred supplier of pressure sensitive products and promote products for intended end uses by judicious handling of customer complaints.
- Facilitate a coordinated effort to improve overall product quality.
- Maintain expert knowledge of how products are used and display the ability to troubleshot customer’s problems independently.
- Promote strong customer relations through prompt, courteous response to product claims and appropriate resolution.
- Work closely with Customer Service to ensure effective management and service of existing customer base.
- Work within a team environment, promoting the company as the premier pressure sensitive product supplier.
- Actively manage customer claims from initiation to resolution.
- Act as liaison with external parties on matters relating to the quality system and to establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality and reliability.
- Coordinate information feedback to appropriate business areas, plant managers and quality managers across the Americas.
- Lead the efforts of quality personnel, marketing, supply chain, sourcing, R&D, sales and operations in the handling of all customer quality related issues and claims. This includes supervisory responsibility for the quality team and their development, motivation and general supervision.
- Work with all business divisions and manufacturing facilities providing feedback on performance and issues of concern.
- Provide trend analysis directing necessary resources in the correction of both internal and external quality related matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company. This includes active listening.
- Ability to affect change across functions
- Must be innovative and logical in problem solving skills and able to recommend resolution to issues, internally and with customers, vendors and other facilities.
- Ability to manage and develop personnel in motivating, directing and developing people
- Problem sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is or will become a problem.
- Aptitude to learn and utilize various computer programs to increase efficiencies of self and the organization.
- Positive personality focused on solutions to drive preferred business results
- Familiarity with ISO procedures in order to maintain certification(s) necessary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Major in Business Administration, Engineering, or Business Operations preferred.
- 10+ yrs of experience in progressively challenging Quality and/or Production related roles.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred
- Other trade journals, publications, seminars, etc.
Up to daily contact with various levels of the Mactac organization, up to and including the President.
Includes regular contact with R&D, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Operations.
Customer focal point representing quality of Mactac’s product and systems.
This position can influence effective operations and profits through effective quality system management and teamwork with the rest of the organization.
VI. Essential Physical Requirements
While the majority of this role spends its time in an office environment working with the necessary computer and accessories, this role will spend portions of time in a manufacturing environment where all appropriate PPE is required.
Up to 30% travel will be required to further develop quality initiatives across Mactac. This position may be required to visit customers on an as-needed basis.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.