The Director of Supply Chain will lead, manage and continuously improve all aspects of Mactac’s Supply Chain, Finishing Operations, and distribution network. Responsible for capacity management, inventory management, demand management, production planning, and distribution centers. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the supply chain concepts, practice, and procedures.
Provides both tactical and strategic oversight for the development, evaluation, implementation, administration and coordination of all supply chain functions. Will manage 4-6 direct reports and approximately 70 indirect reports across multiple locations.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring finishing capacity of the entire network.
- Must balance customer requirements, finishing capabilities, logistics, and inventory levels to provide a competitive and positive customer experience.
- Regular coordination is required with Sales, Product Management, Customer Service, Logistics, and Coating Plants in the execution of our service platform.
- Provides a clear vision of goals and expectations for the department and provides them with the tools and training required to meet those expectations.
- Deploy a network of best practices to drive standardization across Finishing Operations.
- Develop and implement the optimum distribution strategy to improve cost and deliver service.
- In-depth understanding of transportation and warehousing processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence/persuade decision makers and to motivate team members.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a solid attention to detail, as well as outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Requires good leadership, management, motivational, planning, organizational and administrative skills, as well as solid experience developing people.
- Background in directly dealing with carriers, strong negotiation skills, and transportation and logistics specific technological solutions.
- Capacity to develop/execute transportation and supply chain strategies.
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field
- Works with and between operations, sales, scheduling, shipping, customer service and accounting.
- Works with other Mactac departments, Vendors, and Customers.
The Supply Chain Director is responsible for the proper management of the supply chain process and insures the proper resources are available to deliver business commitments.
VII. Essential Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit, and be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to regularly walk through the manufacturing plant or warehouse facility and is, therefore, exposed to moderate noise levels.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com
|Job Category||Supply Chain|