Headquartered in Stow, Ohio, Mactac was founded as Morgan Adhesives Co. in 1959 by the late entrepreneur Burton (Burt) Morgan. Along with financial backing from Bemis Co. and a business model that focused on providing high quality products, innovative solutions and superior customer service, Mactac flourished. For 60 years, we’ve been manufacturing and distributing pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) materials that are used in label printing, graphic design, packaging, retail display, fleet graphics, automotive assembly, medical device assembly, and more. Today, Mactac employs 525 people and has operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Mactac’s parent company, LINTEC, is a leading company in the field of adhesive materials. The product lineup covers many diversified fields including not only adhesive papers and films for seals and labels, but also shatter-proof window films, adhesive sheets for outdoor signs, interior finishing mounting sheets, automobile-use adhesive products, semiconductor-related tape, and LCD-related adhesive products.
Mactac pressure sensitive adhesives are used in a wide range of markets and industries and our business is structured accordingly. We are a vertically integrated organization comprised of five business units – each specially designed to meet the unique needs of our customers.
The position is responsible for the reporting and analysis which supports the financial information required to successfully support the company’s endeavors. This position is expected to proactively provide information and analysis and work with people at all levels of the organization to assist with effective operation of the business.
- Analyzes financial results (income statement / balance sheet) and key performance metrics to provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting and analysis of the results of the business performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted results to facilitate decision making toward the achievement of the budget and or forecasts.
- Conducts thorough research and analysis of variances to identify key financial and operational issues to be addressed by management and ensure data accuracy.
- Compiles and develops trend reports and other analysis to assist management in analyzing revenue, profit, expenditures, production and inventory in order to respond to adverse trends. Proactively makes suggestions to correct adverse trends.
- Provide practical counsel to business area partners and management using insightful financial analytics to drive business results.
- Responsible for continued development of financial, budgeting, forecasting and modeling tools to support the business.
- Assists in the coordination, preparation, analysis and review of the company’s periodic forecasts and annual operating plan.
- Responsible for various periodic report and analysis to Sales & Marketing including actual results, sales & margin variance analysis by product, customer (volume, mix, selling price and material cost impacts).
- Prepare various ad hoc analysis to evaluate product line, customer, coater, adhesive, manufacturing plant or other levels of profitability and or performance of the business.
- Maintain internal controls and company process & procedures around customer rebate & contract programs.
- Responsible for month, quarter and year end close for assigned areas.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, internal control reviews and other related accounting documents and schedules as assigned.
- Assists internal and external auditors during audits for assigned areas, supplying requested data to auditors and addressing any audit findings in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding and working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them.
- Develop new methods in conjunction with changing technology, recommending improvements in reducing costs, updating processes, documentation, improving accuracy and timeliness of departmental tasks.
- Research and resolve inquiries for assigned areas.
- Works on special projects and performs other assignments as directed.
- Position is responsible for applying and maintaining knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform periodic financial and operational audits of manufacturing and distribution centers.
- Decision Impact: Company
- Department Responsibility: Controller – Accounting
- Budgetary (P&L) Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: If Applicable
- Management Responsibilities Level: Individual Contributor
- Reports to: Director of Financial Accounting, Planning, & Credit
- Location: Stow, OH (Close proximity to Cleveland & Akron)
- Travel: 10 – 20%
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting (other degrees will not be considered)
- MBA / CPA Preferred
- Industry experience is not required
- xx Years of experience in xxxx roles
- Minimum 3- 7 years of relevant finance / accounting experience with exposure to a variety of business functions
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience required
- ERP Experience required (any program)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills (if applicable)
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Ineligible for Relocation
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one for you and your family. Gym on-site with a weekly yoga class.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.