The position is responsible for the reporting and analysis which supports the financial information required to successfully support the company’s endeavors. This position is expected to proactively provide information and analysis and work with people at all levels of the organization to assist with the effective operation of the business.
- Analyzes financial results (income statement/balance sheet) and key performance metrics to provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting and analysis of the results of the business performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted results to facilitate decision making toward the achievement of the budget and or forecasts.
- Conducts thorough research and analysis of variances to identify key financial and operational issues to be addressed by management and ensure data accuracy.
- Compiles and develops trend reports and other analysis to assist management in analyzing revenue, profit, expenditures, production and inventory in order to respond to adverse trends. Proactively makes suggestions to correct adverse trends.
- Provide practical counsel to business area partners and management using insightful financial analytics to drive business results.
- Responsible for continued development of financial, budgeting, forecasting and modeling tools to support the business.
- Assists in the coordination, preparation, analysis and review of the company’s periodic forecasts and annual operating plan.
- Responsible for various periodic report and analysis to Sales & Marketing including actual results, sales & margin variance analysis by product, customer (volume, mix, selling price and material cost impacts).
- Prepare various ad hoc analysis to evaluate product line, customer, coater, adhesive, manufacturing plant or other levels of profitability and or performance of the business.
- Maintain internal controls and company process & procedures around customer rebate & contract programs.
- Responsible for month, quarter and year end close for assigned areas.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, internal control reviews and other related accounting documents and schedules as assigned.
- Assists internal and external auditors during audits for assigned areas, supplying requested data to auditors and addressing any audit findings in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding and working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them.
- Develop new methods in conjunction with changing technology, recommending improvements in reducing costs, updating processes, documentation, improving accuracy and timeliness of departmental tasks.
- Research and resolve inquiries for assigned areas.
- Works on special projects and performs other assignments as directed.
- Position is responsible for applying and maintaining knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform periodic financial and operational audits of manufacturing and distribution centers.
- Travel for position 10-20%
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA and CPA are desirable.
- 3-7 years of relevant finance/accounting experience with exposure to a variety of business functions.
- Must be able to creatively solve problems and facilitate others to do the same
- Must be a confident and adept decision-maker and be capable of making decisions within time and information constraints.
- The ability to quantify results, identify new opportunities, adapt to change, and interface with all levels of management on a continual basis is required.
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
- Requires computer proficiency in spreadsheets, accounting software, and database querying and reporting programs.
- Must be innovative and logical in problem-solving skills and able to recommend resolutions to issues both internally and with customers, vendors and other MACtac facilities.
- Regular contact with management levels within MACtac
- No regular contact outside of Mactac
While this position is not directly responsible for assets or profit, it does help with decisions related to business operations through accurate provisions of data and analysis.
Essential Physical Requirements
Large majority of work is conducted in an office environment and requires the ability to utilize a personal computer will applicable accessories.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com