- Supervises personnel in the manufacturing of quality products in a cost-effective and safe manner.
- Motivates, coaches and instills good management skills in supervisors and employees.
- Maintains an effective continuous production operation consistent with plant policies, procedures, and goals through training and motivating shift supervisors and production employees.
- Provides individual and team leadership in achieving plant and department objectives.
- Establishes a strong presence on the floor to set and communicate expectations, standards, and evaluate results so all employees understand expectations.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures all production equipment scheduled to run and support areas are staffed with qualified employees. Maintain equipment staffing and vacation schedules. Ensures all employees adhere to work, attendance and safety rules.
- Reviews production schedules to ensure the schedules can be achieved and are based on the priorities of maximizing production effectiveness and providing good customer service.
- Focuses on employee development by conducting training sessions (safety, SOPs, housekeeping). Coaches the machine problem troubleshooting process to develop employees to be self-sufficient in troubleshooting and involved in the decision making processes.
- Reports daily on employee, machinery, processes, safety and facility issues and concerns.
- Responsible for plant objective projects to ensure overall effectiveness and successful implementation.
- Monitors and analyzes machine waste and run efficiencies such as run-time, run speeds and quality trends. Include input from production support personnel, supervision and all support functions to initiate corrective actions to drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for reporting all shift information for department to the Mfg. Manager.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement by managing department employees using Six Sigma/Lean tools to focus on main effects.
- Communicates company messages to all employees; collects and responds to questions and concerns.
- Supports cross-functional and cross-plant operational learning expansion. Promotes standardization of best practices and manufacturing base-lining.
- Establishes and sustains managing processes that supports both the sustainment and improvement of the operation. Provides the leadership that ensures all functions (Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, QA, Safety, Warehouse, Accounting) are working in an aligned fashion towards common goals/objectives.
- Develops a comprehensive budget for the department and manages they achievement of the annual plan.
- Utilizes X-trim software and “help roll” inventory management components to optimize material cost across the finishing operation.
- Decision Impact: Facility
- Department Responsibility: Finishing (3)
- Budgetary (P&L) Responsibility: Yes
- Physical Requirements: If Applicable
- Management Responsibilities Level: Mentor / Coach / Leader / Decision Maker
- Reports to: Operations Manager
- Location: Columbus, IN (Close proximity to Indianapolis, IN; Louisville, KY)
- Travel: 5-15%
- A college degree with 5-7 years of Manufacturing Supervision experience is preferred. Will consider a person with a High School Diploma or equivalent with 7-10 years’ experience in coating and/or finishing.
- Requires knowledge of and experience with web handling and coating equipment and processes. Experience in pressure-sensitive adhesives, labeling, or paper industries required.
- Minimum 2 years in a Management role and effectively leading a team
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience required
- ERP Experience required
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- The ability to work with computer software for word processing and spreadsheets is required. Familiarity with MRP or ERP systems is preferred.
- Requires the ability to perform various math functions, with emphasis on measurable impact of mathematical calculations.
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
- Fosters a participative, team-based environment, focused on achieving business commitments.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Relocation
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on growing company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one for you and your family.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.