Under the leadership, guidance and direction of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Generalist will perform Human Resources functions including administration of policies and programs as well as maintain records and documentation. This individual will also research and analyze data in relation to statistics, projects, and strategic initiatives. The HR Generalist assists all employees by providing information and answers to HR related questions. This role administers and maintains all payroll functions to ensure employees are paid on time and correctly for employees at the Distribution Centers. Assists the Human Resources Director with other HR related duties as requested.
- Awareness of and Adherence to all, Corporate & Site; Environmental, Health, & Safety, policies & procedures.
- Completes payroll by: reviewing timecard information in ADP and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Provides guidance to employees and stakeholders related to all major benefit programs—hospital/medical, pharmacy, dental, life insurance, dependent life insurance, LTD, 401(k), pension, workers’ compensation, unemployment claims, flexible spending accounts, stock purchase, wellness, employee activities, etc.
- Inputs employee changes, such as transfers, job changes, promotions, demotions, terminations, pay increases, etc. and obtains the proper approval for such changes.
- Helps coordinate the open enrollment process and any other related meetings leading up to it.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business process improvement by involvement in the Kaizen events.
- Provides guidance on support/service matters for the employees; including leader counsel, and employee advocacy; provides proactive customer service approach and timely response to inquiries on policy/procedure, employee relation concerns, benefit clarification, etc.
- Works with managers and supervisors regarding employee matters surrounding performance to include coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, Individual Development Plans, conducting employee investigations, discipline, termination, etc.
- Works with managers and supervisors regarding employee matters surrounding organizational and compensation changes to include job description review, job changes, promotions, Salary Planning, etc.
- Responsible onboarding of all positions.
- Champions wellness initiatives and promotions throughout facility.
- May travel occasionally to other facilities and attend outside the normal business hours employee meetings.
- Other duties as identified with team and/or Business Partner interaction.
With the Human Resources Director:
- Assists in identifying training and performance needs to support departments.
- Develops or facilitates the development of training materials, tools, and activities using various media, to support department in achieving business goals.
- Delivers training to individuals and or departments as necessary.
- Helps HR business partners and other teams develop and/or implement initiatives for training or performance improvement projects.
- Maintains training records, course evaluations, project plans, updates and reports.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as related to talent and recruitment information.
- Performs research and analysis on specific projects or statistics in relation to strategic initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Distribution Center Human Resources Responsibilities
- With support from HR Director, manages all aspects of the Human Resources function for the four Mactac Distribution Centers.
- With support from HR Director, ensure compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Identifies training needs for the team and for individuals.
- Ensures federal and state employment laws are in followed.
- Provides HR policy guidance and adherence.
- Works with teams to improve work relationships and build employee morale.
- Support, embrace and communicate company initiatives and change
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritize work accordingly.
- Self-Manager of projects, deadlines and time.
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Ensures confidentiality of all HR and Payroll records.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources with 3+ years of Human Resources experience. Or, the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment required.
- 1 year Payroll experience, preferred.
- HRIS experience is preferred.
- Daily contact with Managers, DC Managers, Supply Chain Manager, office and hourly employees to handle duties as needed.
- Financial institutions and government agencies.
- Vendors and suppliers for office.
- Catering and food suppliers as needed.
- Florists, local grocers, banks and post office and travel agents as needed.V. Responsibility
- Individual is responsible for completing administrative Human Resources functions. The timely and accurate completion of these duties can impact favorably on plant efficiencies and morale.
VI. Physical Requirements
This position requires constant standing, sitting and walking. Manual dexterity is used for the computer keyboard, mouse and other office equipment. This position also requires lifting up to 30 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.