We have an exceptional opening for a Human Resources Manager for Mactac Americas, in Columbus Indiana. Mactac is a leading manufacturer of pressure sensitive adhesive products worldwide. Our products are used in a wide range of industries including label printing, graphic design, packaging, digital imaging, retail display, fleet graphics, assembly engineering, automotive assembly, and medical device assembly. Please check out our website (www.mactac.com) for more information and links to our social media pages, as well.
This position is accountable for the identification of HR needs and the development, implementation and maintenance of programs to meet identified needs. Key responsibilities will be to provide leadership for the day-to-day human resources initiatives; leading change initiatives; leading training and development initiatives, and building an employee oriented culture. Strong employment and employee relations skills, experience with talent acquisition and salary/compensation planning process and knowledge of employment law are necessary. Solid project management, time management, and analytical skills, along with excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills, are essential. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced 24/7 manufacturing environment where intellectual courage, interpersonal savvy, and demonstrated emotional intelligence are demanded. The successful candidate will be consultative in nature, yet quick to assess situations and move to decision making, and deliver effective solutions.
Single location with more than 100 employees but less than 200 employees. The position will be an integral team member of the Mactac HR Team, which consists of HR members located at Mactac Headquarters and other Mactac manufacturing plants. This is an intermediate HR management role that requires previous HR experience in manufacturing.
- Identify and proactively defuse risk and potential liability with respect to people management issues (which includes conducting fair and accurate investigations);
- Comply, advocate and lead Health, Safety & Environmental programs;
- Promotes and supports Mactac health and wellness initiatives;
- Forging liaison with central HR teams (HRIS, Benefits, Compensation) to create innovative HR programs;
- Accountable for accurate data entry, understanding current ADP/HRIS processes, and partnering with business leaders to ensure data integrity;
- Work with managers to create a learning environment at all levels in the organization; skill training, professional development and continuous improvement should be central to the company’s value proposition for all employees;
- Provides guidance to leaders regarding employee matters to include performance coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, Individual Development Plans, Human Capital Plans, succession planning, salary planning, etc.;
- Provides guidance on workforce planning which may include organizational re-design work, facilitation of a Talent Review/Selection process, job description creation and analysis, promotions, etc.;
- Partners and collaborates with business leaders and serves as a member of the leadership team;
- Responsible for project management of various initiatives, and may serve as a team/project leader in company-wide projects generated from Business Partners and the Corporate HR function;
- Partners with the HR and Shared Services to ensure alignment with the needs of the business in the creation and delivery of HR programs;
- Acts as the primary liaison between employees, management and Mactac headquarters;
- Interprets and communicates Company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with federal and state laws, such as ADA, FLSA, FMLA and EEO/AAP;
- Coaches and advises managers regarding policies, procedure, work-related conflicts, disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, terminations, and legal guidelines;
- Responsible for employee relations along with understanding the responsibility to promote a strong employer-employee relationship;
- Oversees personnel records management;
- Acts as Change Agent within area of responsibility based on ability to flex communication style, will promote and facilitate communication to all levels of the organization in order to promote a high performing and engaged workforce;
- Coordinates employee events;
- Manages Human Resources Department Plant Budget;
- Other duties as assigned or identified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to effectively work on teams
- Working knowledge of HR Systems
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Critical Evaluation using data analysis
- Ability to challenge the status quo through collaboration and influence
- Change Management
- Strong communication skills
- Results oriented and execution skills
- Relationship Management
- Strong Business Acumen
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Communications, or other related field
- 5+ years of HR Management Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience working with HRIS systems
- Broad knowledge and experience of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, federal and state employment law, performance management, organizational planning, diversity, organizational development, employee relations, safety, and training development.
- MBA Degree
- Professional Human Resources (PHR), or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification OR SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Lean Manufacturing experience
IV. Language Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to use computers to do word processing and spreadsheets is required.
V. Essential Physical Requirements
A large percentage of working hours are spent in an office environment with occasional visits to Corporate Office or warehouses. Travel 5% – 10% of the time within the US.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com
|Job Category||Human Resources|