Mactac (Morgan Adhesives Company), a leading manufacturer of quality pressure sensitive adhesive products has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Admin at its manufacturing facility in the Scranton, PA area. Reporting to the Maintenance & Facilities Manager of this facility, the Maintenance Admin is responsible for general organization, replenishment, and readiness of stockroom items in the maintenance stockroom and auxiliary storage locations. This is a dual administrative role to support the stockroom and maintenance department support functions.
- Awareness of and Adherence to all Corporate & Site Environmental, Health & Safety policies & procedures.
- Receive new stockroom requests, create locations, enter relevant part information – including part number, suppliers (primary and backup), machine, cost, min/max, etc. to MP2.
- Receives purchases and verify the correctness of packing slips. Coordinate shipments from Maintenance to the assigned designation.
- Conduct quarterly audits to ensure stockroom levels match MP2 and all items are inventoried.
- Manage and improve stockroom organization for efficient use – including recommending and executing expansions, reorganization, and consolidation.
- Create and update stockroom maps as location changes are made.
- Maintain stockrooms through daily management – collect usage lists, reorder, re-stock against min / max levels.
- This position is also required to drive a fork truck as needed to perform job duties (training will be given) and work periodic overtime to meet project deadlines.
- Manages maintenance stores from receipt through consumption of spare/ replacement parts by part number against established min/ max levels according to established procedures and (MP2) software.
- Serve as back up to Plant Purchasing Agent (vacation coverage only) as needed.
- Monitor VMI performance.
- Supports Maintenance Manager in generating, organizing monthly PM, AM and PdM work orders.
- Manages oil storage locations creating standard locations, stock levels, developing standard lubrication lists and ensures proper quantities.
- Supports Maintenance teams during preventative maintenance activities and break downs as needed.
- Supports Facility Purchasing Agent in managing outside service contractor services, maintenance and work requests.
- Maintains up to date Outside Service Contact lists.
- Manages Maintenance shop organization and housekeeping activities.
- Works with Maintenance and Engineering personnel to ensure obsolete components are being removed from the stockroom and MP2 system.
- Manages standard methods for signing out stockroom components.
- Develops, deploy and manage storeroom kitting and supports Maintenance teams in gathering spare parts for work orders, repairs and downtime events.
- Manages component rebuilds utilizing outside services from rebuild determination, vendor utilization, and confirming repairs have been made correctly in a cost effective manner.
- Must possess considerable communication skills, both oral and written, to successfully interact with Management, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Planning, Purchasing, and other functional groups as required.
- Must possess ability to work as an individual or part of a team.
- Must possess the ability to analyze, problem solve, and generate new ideas.
- Proven ability to achieve results through teams and perform effectively in a diverse work group.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office with aptitude for learning additional computer applications.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and deal with deadlines.
- Ability to see the big picture and put the pieces together.
This position has responsibility for fostering a safe work environment by demonstrating integrity, trust and ethical conduct at all times. Has daily responsibility for operations in coating and finishing (All value added activities) as well as all supporting departments.
Essential Physical Requirements
This position requires frequent exposure to a manufacturing environment with moderate noise levels. An employee will be required to stand, walk and sit with limited time spent in the office. Potential to be exposed to heights. Hearing, eye and foot protection are mandatory when entering the manufacturing area. Flexible hours may be required to accommodate meetings with team members on off shifts. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Operations|