To direct maintenance employees and activities, responsible for maintaining all production, support, and facility equipment, prioritizing daily maintenance needs, and developing and executing Preventative and Predictive maintenance programs.
- Plans, develops, leads and supervises maintenance employees, programs and procedures to ensure efficient operations of facility.
- Strong ability to identify the mode of failure and assign mitigation process after completing an action review to prevent future failures.
- Experienced in failure mode analysis
- Strong problem-solving skills working cross-departmentally as a change agent for updated processes using FEMA or familiar tools
- Coordinates the development and completion of Preventive Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance processes.
- Directs the purchase, organization, and the preparation of critical maintenance spare parts to ensure timely machine repair and to support Preventative Maintenance tasks.
- Develops strong working relationships with maintenance, technical, and operations staff.
- Develop, support and lead autonomous maintenance programs with the Operations teams as a shared program.
- Supervises, motivates, coaches, and instills good leadership skills in the maintenance staff. Establishes a strong presence on the floor to set and communicate expectations and standards. Evaluates and communicates results so all employees understand expected performance levels. Pitches in to assist in the completion of maintenance tasks when a direction is needed or downtime of any primary asset exceeds two hours.
- Administers inspection programs and associated compliance requirements for insurance on plant boilers, air compressors, sprinkler systems, fire protection equipment, etc., while complying with all environmental mandates.
- Administers and reports compliance with environmental regulations.
- Supports and communicates company direction and policies to direct reports. Encourages and supports employee participation to ensure greater working relationships between management and the plant workforce.
- Assists plant management in perpetuating a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of the operation. Emphasizes setting and achieving measurable goals for the maintenance department. Sets year over year improvement goals for asset unplanned downtime, work order on-time completion, PM on-time completion, and maintenance department spending, and, implements plans through completion to achieve goals.
- Supports and participates in the monthly financial review meetings, reporting on key metrics and open maintenance-related improvement plans.
- Ensures compliance with both plant and OSHA required safety policies within the maintenance department. Ensures all safety concerns are acted on in a timely matter
- Develops and administers capital budgets in accordance with plant and corporate objectives. Develops and manages a comprehensive facility maintenance budget.
- Assists in the process of bringing new products and equipment on-line smoothly and efficiently. Is adept at estimating work requirements, establishing maintenance schedules, and measuring performance against estimates.
- Maintains the facility security and fire systems, including coordination and communication with security system contractors and local fire and police departments. Acts as the primary contact for facility alarming during and after business hours.
- Manages grounds-keeping contracts and provides direction to contractors to ensure expected performance is routinely carried out.
- Supervisory review of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), including the generation and review of reports.
- Decision Impact: Cross-Functional
- Department Responsibility: Maintenance (1)
- Budgetary (P&L) Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: 12
- Indirect Reports: 0
- Physical Requirements: Yes
- Management Responsibilities Level: Mentor / Coach / Leader / Feedback
- Reports to: Director of Technology
- Location: Columbus, IN (Close proximity to Indianapolis, IN)
- Travel: less than 10%
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Required. We will not consider candidates that have not completed this level of education. Engineering degree preferred
- Six-Sigma/Lean Training preferred but not required
- Industry experience not required
- 5-7 Years of experience in Maintenance
- Management experience preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office experience required
- ERP Experience required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Relocation
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one for you and your family.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.