To direct maintenance employees and activities, responsible for maintaining all production, support, and facility equipment, prioritizing daily maintenance needs, and developing and executing Preventative and Predictive maintenance programs.
- Plans, develops, leads and supervises maintenance employees, programs and procedures to ensure efficient operations of facility.
- Coordinates the development and completion of Preventive Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance processes.
- Directs the purchase, organization, and the preparation of critical maintenance spare parts to ensure timely machine repair and to support Preventative Maintenance tasks.
- Develops strong working relationships with maintenance, technical, and operations staff.
- Develop, support and lead autonomous maintenance programs with the Operations teams as a shared program.
- Supervises, motivates, coaches, and instills good leadership skills in the maintenance staff. Establishes a strong presence on the floor to set and communicate expectations and standards. Evaluates and communicates results so all employees understand expected performance levels. Pitches in to assist in the completion of maintenance tasks when a direction is needed or downtime of any primary asset exceeds two hours.
- Administers inspection programs and associated compliance requirements for insurance on plant boilers, air compressors, sprinkler systems, fire protection equipment, etc., while complying with all environmental mandates.
- Administers and reports compliance with environmental regulations.
- Supports and communicates company direction and policies to direct reports. Encourages and supports employee participation to ensure greater working relationships between management and the plant workforce.
- Assists plant management in perpetuating a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of the operation. Emphasizes setting and achieving measurable goals for the maintenance department. Sets year over year improvement goals for asset unplanned downtime, work order on-time completion, PM on-time completion, and maintenance department spending, and, implements plans through completion to achieve goals.
- Supports and participates in the monthly financial review meetings, reporting on key metrics and open maintenance-related improvement plans.
- Ensures compliance with both plant and OSHA required safety policies within the maintenance department. Ensures all safety concerns are acted on in a timely matter
- Develops and administers capital budgets in accordance with plant and corporate objectives. Develops and manages a comprehensive facility maintenance budget.
- Assists in the process of bringing new products and equipment on-line smoothly and efficiently. Is adept at estimating work requirements, establishing maintenance schedules, and measuring performance against estimates.
- Maintains the facility security and fire systems, including coordination and communication with security system contractors and local fire and police departments. Acts as the primary contact for facility alarming during and after business hours.
- Manages grounds-keeping contracts and provides direction to contractors to ensure expected performance is routinely carried out.
- Supervisory review of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), including the generation and review of reports.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, inside and outside the company.
- Requires the ability to creatively solve problems and facilitate others to do the same.
- Must be a confident decision-maker and capable of making decisions within time and information constraints.
- The ability to quantify results, identify new opportunities, and interface with all levels of management on a continual basis is required.
- Must be able to operate independently.
- The ability to effectively lead an organization through change.
- Must be available for after-hours and/or weekend support calls.
- Experience with CMMS is recommended.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of supervisory or management experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Specific paper or converting industry experience desired.
- Daily contact with Maintenance personnel, the management team,
- Frequent contact with suppliers and contractors
VI. Physical Requirements
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time. This employee will walk frequently through a plant or warehouse facility and would be exposed to moderate noise levels. Infrequent travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case by case basis.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com