To provide efficient and effective planning and scheduling of all maintenance and project work related to plant equipment, manufacturing machines, and building & grounds.
- Requests and receives work orders from Manufacturing, Engineering, and Maintenance personnel relating to manufacturing machines and facilities.
- Reviews all work orders for accuracy and completeness, and then prioritizes the needed work.
- Interfaces with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to track and schedule work orders and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Assures that all equipment, parts, and personnel are available to efficiently complete each work order assignment with minimum downtime.
- Contact outside vendors for proposals regarding the maintenance and reliability of facilities equipment. Evaluate the proposals, write Purchase Requests, coordinate, and oversee activities related.
- Works with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Scheduling personnel to coordinate machine downtime for completion of work.
- Communicates work order information to Maintenance Manager well in advance of scheduled work.
- Reviews all completed work orders to assure that proper information on total hours, date completed, and proper description of each solution are identified and clarified.
- Returns incomplete work orders to Shift Supervisors, follows up on those requiring further investigation, and generates follow-up work orders as required.
- Provides contact with outside Contractor companies when required for special project work or to supplement maintenance work force.
- Assures cleanliness/sanitation of manufacturing facility using cleaning schedules and inspections, and works with cleaning contractors, pest control services, etc. to achieve and maintain a high level of product quality and safety.
- Attend daily production meetings and follow up on any issues that may have come up since the previous day or weekend.
- Create schedule for monthly fire testing, infra-red thermography scans, and fire drills.
- Issue purchase requisition forms and approve received invoices for contractors.
- Create annual machine maintenance down schedule (Matrix).
- Actively participates in cross-functional teams.
- Direct Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: Employee in this position works in a typical office and manufacturing environment. Time is therefore split between sitting at a desk, utilizing office equipment and the plant floor.
- Management Responsibilities Level: Individual Contributor / Entry – Level
- Reports to: Maintenance Manager
- Location: Columbus, IN (Close proximity to Indianapolis, IN)
- Travel: less than 5%
- Associate degree in Business, Ops Planning, Engineering or a related field or the equivalency of years of experience and education.
- Preferred familiarity with continuous improvement/lean manufacturing verbiage, process, tools, etc.
- At least 3 years of manufacturing experience in maintenance activities or inventory management is a plus.
- Industry experience not required
- Must possess considerable communication skills, both oral and written, to successfully interact with Management, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Planning, Purchasing, and other functional groups as required.
- Must possess ability to work as an individual or part of a team.
- Must possess the ability to analyze, problem solve, and generate new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve across a variety of business processes.
- Proven ability to achieve results through teams and perform effectively in a diverse work group.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office with aptitude for learning additional computer applications.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and deal with deadlines.
- Ability to see the big picture and put the pieces together.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Ineligible for Relocation
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one for you and your family.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.