Responsible for maintaining mechanical drives, hydraulic, pneumatic systems, electrical component and control systems, chemical and steam piping and boiler systems during their shift throughout the plant in accordance with (NEC), local building codes and standard practices of the electrical trade. Must also be proficient at troubleshooting the above systems and be able to demonstrate the proper leadership attributes when working without another technician on shift.
- Be proficient in using PLC hardware and software
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC’s desirable
- Understanding ladder logic (programming experience a plus)
- Fieldbus knowledge desirable (ControlNet, DH+, DeviceNet, CTNet, CANbus, Interbus-S, etc.)
- Use of computers and software programs to trouble shoot PLC’s and drives.
- Understand machine control system control.
- Be familiar with variable frequency drive technology
- Control Techniques
- Understand steam and boiler heating system, and able to perform water treatment tests.
- Understand HVAC system.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be physically fit to work 12 hr shifts.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be willing to work all three shifts plus weekends.
- Be willing to work overtime as the need arises.
- Respond to being called in on off hours.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School/GED or Trade School Diploma required.
- Completion of accredited journeyman apprenticeship preferred.
- At least five years practical experience performing above stated duties highly required.
- Ability to use/operate: Various hand tools, power tools, pipe benders and hydraulic benders, VOM (volt ohm meter), ammeter, micrometers, dial indicators, squares, calipers, fork-trucks, electric carts, motorized platform lift, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to perform various math functions to be used in their daily work tasks.
- The person in this position normally works primarily in the manufacturing facility. The noise level may be high in certain areas. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as foot protection, head protection, face shields, gloves, etc. may be required in accordance with OSHA Standards and/or MACtac Job Safety Analysis (JSA) Requirements. Eye, foot & hearing protection is mandatory when engaged in activities in the plant. Some work may need to be performed from ladders or work platforms.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com