Responsible for maintaining mechanical drives, hydraulic, pneumatic systems, electrical component and control systems, during their shift throughout the plant in accordance with (NEC), local building codes and standard practices of the electrical trade. Must also be proficient at troubleshooting the above systems and be able to demonstrate the proper leadership attributes when working without another technician on shift.
- Must be able to operate in a fully functioning team environment.
- Be proficient in troubleshooting industrial equipment.
- Employing a formalized approach and making effective use of communication skills, schematics, and diagnostic tools. Diagnostic tools may include:
- HMI’s (alarms and other information)
- PLC’s (indicator lights, ladder diagrams)
- Able to read, understand, and follow prints and schematics (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic).
- Install and maintain plant electrical systems to provide power for machines, auxiliary equipment, lighting facilities, and other electrical apparatuses and gear.
- Make emergency repairs when necessary to minimize production downtime.
- Having the computer skills to be able to access work order and parts retrieval systems.
- Must demonstrate a safety-minded approach to their work.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Know CMMS such as MP2.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Decision Impact: Plant
- Department Responsibility: Maintenance
- Budgetary (P&L) Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: Lift up to 50 pounds and be physically fit to work 12 hour shifts
- Management Responsibilities Level: Individual Contributor
- Reports to: Maintenance Manager
- Location: Columbus, IN (Close proximity to Indianapolis, IN)
- Travel: less than 5%
- Minimum High School/GED or Trade School Diploma required
- Completion of accredited journeyman apprenticeship preferred.
- Minimum 3-year experience with: Allen-Bradley PLS & HMI
- Use of computers and software programs to trouble shoot PLC’s and drives.
- Understand machine control system.
- Be familiar with variable frequency drive technology
- Control Techniques
- Fully understand control relay logic, machine electrical system, and system control.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot equipment and processes.
- Sound understanding of electronic sensors i.e. inductive, capacitive, optical, ultrasonic and LASER
- Electrical and mechanical technician experience preferred
- Industry experience not required
- At least five years of practical experience performing the above stated duties highly required.
- Ability to use/operate: Various hand tools, power tools, pipe benders, and hydraulic benders, VOM (volt-ohm meter), ammeter, micrometers, dial indicators, squares, calipers, fork-trucks, electric carts, motorized platform lift, etc.
- Language Skills: Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to perform various math functions to be used in their daily work tasks
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Ineligible for Relocation
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be willing to work all three shifts plus weekends.
- Be willing to work overtime as the need arises.
- Respond to being called in on off-hours.
- The person in this position normally works primarily in the manufacturing facility. The noise level may be high in certain areas. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as foot protection, head protection, face shields, gloves, etc. may be required in accordance with OSHA Standards and/or MACtac Job Safety Analysis (JSA) Requirements. Eye, foot & hearing protection is mandatory when engaged in activities in the plant. Some work may need to be performed from ladders or work platforms.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one for you and your family.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.