Perform a variety of activities involved in the processing and packaging of pressure sensitive labels, MACmark products, and other materials according to established procedures and customer requirements. Read and follow instructions on shop orders. Operate all machinery and equipment required to process and package quality products that meet published standards. Operate all material handling equipment necessary to facilitate the process (for example, fork trucks and hand trucks).
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work in a safe manner at all times by applying and following all safety regulations that meet OSHA and MACtac safety guidelines.
- Ensure all material produced meets published quality standards.
- Assist operators on the Folio and Cutsize.
- Follow instructions on shop orders.
- Accurately enter all information in the computer system and/or manual logs.
- Input necessary order information and output trace ID and packaging labels.
- Ensure timely movement of various materials through the department to ensure safety, customer service, quality and productivity goals are met.
- Pack sheeter material output on skids, cartons, or other packaging materials as necessary.
- Set-up and run rolls of MACmark material for the MACmark Slicer and Punching Machinery. Safely set-up this equipment as required by the production schedule and shop order instructions.
- Set-up and operate the shrink wrap lines and guillotine according to manufacturer’s instructions, the production schedule, and shop order instructions.
- Set-up and operate all other assigned equipment.
- Count and inspect orders to ensure a quality product is produced, packaged, and shipped.
- Ensure equipment is clean and functioning properly.
- Perform operator level preventive maintenance on Custom Packaging & MACmark converting equipment.
- Follow and use the MACmark center lines to operate all of the equipment.
- Actively engage in a participative team environment.
- Ensure work area remains clean and trash containers are emptied every shift.
- Assist on Hot Melt if necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to carry 35 lbs.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Degree or equivalence mandatory.
- Must be able to operate computer systems after training.
- Ability to read, understand and apply instructions to work orders.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in oral and written communications, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to use computers to do word processing and spreadsheets is required.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to use and read a tape measure.
- Ability to perform various math functions with emphasis on measurable impact of mathematical calculations.
- Majority of time spent in manufacturing area. Hearing, eye and foot protection is mandatory in the manufacturing area. At times will be required to go under, on top of and move around the sheeter. Department temperature and humidity controlled with no solvents present.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com