To manage and coordinate overall plant operations ensuring the achievement of production performance and profit objectives aimed at continuously lowering production costs and improving quality and customer delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures. This role has profit and loss responsibility for a facility with 150 to 200 employees with a moderate level of manufacturing complexity.
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Drives world-class safety at the facility.
- Prioritizes, schedules and delegates work assignments and directly supervises the assigned members of the plant leadership team to ensure the achievement of production performance and profit objectives at the lowest cost, consistent with company quality standards and customer delivery requirements
- Ensures that all plant associates adhere to all, policies, procedures, roles and regulations.
- Oversees the establishment of production schedules and the production control process to ensure timely delivery of customer products.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements improvements in methods and processes to increase productivity and quality
- Develops plans for the maximum utilization of materials, machines, and employees to ensure plant profitability.
- Operates the Plant within budget requirements.
- Oversees and directs the professional development of all plant Associates.
- Coordinates efficient use of corporate resources by cooperating with assigned resources and capitalizing on manufacturing and administrative strengths.
- Sources and maintains technological knowledge of advancements in equipment or processes.
- Ensures proper maintenance of equipment and building and establish/maintain superior plant housekeeping standards.
- Develops and maintains positive community relations.
- Ensures organizational compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Promotes affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Partners with HR to create and maintain a formal Human Capital Plan for the facility, including a facility succession plan.
- Leads efforts to develop organization capability for via Human Capital processes including performance feedback, recruitment and selection, Salary Planning processes, incentive plan alignment, performance recognition, and differentiation.
- Oversees Continuous Improvement at the facility and leads efforts to establish a Continuous Improvement Culture
- Provides strategic and directional EHS focus, facilitate and lead EHS discussions. Implement and maintain effective two-way communication and provide time and resources for employee training and development. Actively endorses and promotes EHS policies and integrated management systems.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a job related major and a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced level degree preferred.
- Completion of Continuous Improvement training and/or Six Sigma certification, or a willingness to complete Continuous Improvement training.
- Ability to manage a large, multi-departmental, diversified manufacturing facility.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to read and understand financial reports and statements.
- Ability to motivate and instill a sense of pride and commitment to the workforce.
- Ability to exhibit and perform good analytical, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Strong change in leadership skills.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a job related major and a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible job related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced level degree preferred.
- Has daily contact with all levels of corporate and plant management. Communicates daily with VP of Operations, Manufacturing Manager, Department Managers and production supervisors. Daily contact with production, maintenance, and engineering employees.
- Communicates regularly with local vendors and government agencies; including, state employment/unemployment offices.
V. Essential Physical Requirements
- The person in this position normally works in a manufacturing environment with a significant amount of time spent in the manufacturing facility. Hearing, eye and foot protection is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Typical office environment requiring normal amount of walking, sitting, standing, bending, and lifting of less than 50 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to spend time with employees in the plant as necessary to fulfill the needs of the job.
- Must be willing to work hours necessary to fulfill the needs of the job.
- Work hours may vary to ensure proper communication to all shifts.
- Minimal travel required 0-5%.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com