Headquartered in Stow, Ohio, Mactac was founded as Morgan Adhesives Co. in 1959 by the late entrepreneur Burton (Burt) Morgan. Along with financial backing from Bemis Co. and a business model that focused on providing high quality products, innovative solutions and superior customer service, Mactac flourished. For 60 years, we’ve been manufacturing and distributing pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) materials that are used in label printing, graphic design, packaging, retail display, fleet graphics, automotive assembly, medical device assembly, and more. Today, Mactac employs 525 people and has operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Mactac’s parent company, LINTEC, is a leading company in the field of adhesive materials. The product lineup covers many diversified fields including not only adhesive papers and films for seals and labels, but also shatter-proof window films, adhesive sheets for outdoor signs, interior finishing mounting sheets, automobile-use adhesive products, semiconductor-related tape, and LCD-related adhesive products.
Mactac pressure sensitive adhesives are used in a wide range of markets and industries and our business is structured accordingly. We are a vertically integrated organization comprised of five business units – each specially designed to meet the unique needs of our customers.
Drive strategic sourcing activities for MACtac manufacturing divisions, which includes:
- Creation of formal category strategies
- Developing and delivering supply base productivity and total cost reduction
- Managing supply base risk and compliance
- Advising business leadership on procurement strategies
- As the category expert, develop category strategies that include cost breakdowns, market analysis, and a productivity roadmap
- Develop cost reduction plans and lead cross functional teams through project execution
- Negotiate contracts and commercial terms for assigned spend categories
- Develop total cost, “should” cost, and entitlement models for assigned spend categories
- As the expert on industry and market dynamics, advise business leadership on procurement strategies for assigned categories
- Process owner for Supplier Selection Find and manage qualification of new sources to support new products
- Lead, support, or coordinate with manufacturing operations, materials management, and supplier quality regarding supplier performance, inventory initiatives, and supply chain continuous improvement initiatives
- Lead make/buy analysis and decisions
- Fulfill the raw material and/or FNG requirements of the business through inventory planning and purchasing processes
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Sales/Marketing, Customer Service, and/or Logistics regarding special circumstance orders and/or expedites
- Conduct basic vendor part management procedures (part setup/changes, price table maintenance, vendor setup/maintenance, etc.)
- Analyze daily purchase order backlog reports for accuracy, trends, reorder points
- Track market indexes that represent the main cost drivers for assigned categories, and update corporate index file monthly
- Prepare and analyze monthly inventory and purchase variance reports
- Issue and track supplier non-conformances and cost recovery
- Decision Impact: Sourcing, Paper Category
- Department Responsibility: 1 (Paper)
- Budgetary (P&L) Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes (2)
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: If Applicable
- Management Responsibilities Level: Mentor / Coach / Leader / Feedback
- Reports to: VP of Sourcing & Supply Chain
- Location: Stow, OH (Close proximity to Akron & Cleveland, OH)
- Travel: up to 20%
- Bachelor’s degree required, equivalent Major in Purchasing, Supply Chain Mgt, or Business preferred
- CPM or APICS is preferred but not required
- Master’s degree
- Industry experience preferred by not required
- 3 – 7 Years of experience in Procurement roles within a Manufacturing company
- Minimum 2 years in a Management role and leading a team
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience required (if applicable)
- ERP Experience required (currently using a program developed in-house)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience managing LCC suppliers preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed and self-motivated
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Must be familiar with negotiations and constructing formal supply contracts
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams in both plant and corporate environments
- Demonstrated abilities to implement process change improvements and best practices
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Ineligible for Relocation
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one for you and your family. Gym on-site with a weekly yoga class.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com