Develop revenue at identified strategic target customers, prospects, markets, and adjacent customers for Tech/Med business. Increase sales and profitability through direct Field Sales and Inside Sales Representative reports and direct account management.
Research and validate identified strategic target customers, potential new customers and markets for Mactac to leverage existing technologies for profitable growth. Drive target account development and front-end market development through Sales Team management and close coordination with key personnel, both internal and external to Mactac Division to include Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations and R&D.
- Drive attainment of revenue and profit growth objectives.
- Research and qualify new customers, markets and/or channels for Technical/Med business.
- Monitor business trends that will lead to new market(s) for Technical/Med business.
- Actively manage viable CRM Sales Opportunity Pipeline to drive advancement through selling stages with planned and meaningful high touch activity.
- Support development of strategic market plan and value proposition to engage with prospects that purchase Technical/Med products and may be unfamiliar with Mactac products and services.
- Create and deliver formal customer presentations which demonstrate the Mactac value proposition.
- Assist in facilitating technical direction for new products through internal development teams.
- Evaluate opportunity/project resource priorities and objectives and monitor progress toward those objectives.
- Participate in the development of business and territory account plans.
- Summarize market size, competitive landscape and future opportunities. Develop an understanding of the market structure (size, growth, trends, value chain, customer prospects, competitors, and market share).
- Create and generate ongoing Revenue, Opportunity, and Activity reports to track progress to objectives.
- When problems develop, assist and support others by providing leadership, direction and final resolution / solution to the problem at hand.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Assists in customer’s call with direct reporting sales representatives.
- Conducts annual performance reviews of all direct reports.
- Assigns accounts to salespeople and ensures proper sales coverage of territory.
- Assures weekly business reports are accomplished by direct reports.
- Responsible for projecting quarter and month end sales forecast numbers for area of sales responsibility.
- Provides leadership, guidance, support, and implementation of corporate policies and procedures.
- Attend association and supplier meetings to represent and present Mactac.
- Engage in trade show presentations presenting Mactac.
- Secure Mactac’s position in trade shows with other Divisions and suppliers.
- Proactively challenges the status quo.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a natural entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to envision business opportunities to combine with results orientation in delivering increased profitability.
- Collaboration and influence skills with ability to focus on long-term cycles in business development and strengths to handle many roadblocks.
- Proven experience in running focus teams for new product/market launches with ability to continuously expand market knowledge.
- Strong strategic orientation and successful experience with developing business plans that clearly articulate value proposition.
- Good leadership, management, motivational, planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- A minimum of 5+ years of successful sales experience, including progressively responsible commercial, sales, marketing & business planning experience as well as business-to-business direct sales experience
- Proven experience in developing and executing territory account and business plans
- Experience in interacting with senior leadership internally and externally
- Valid travel documentation
- Frequent communications with all Company Divisions levels of marketing, sales, R&D, & senior management.
- Frequent communications with customers and prospective customers and industry related organizations.
- Some contact with machinery manufacturers and allied vendors. Individual should make contact and stay informed of potential collaborative packaging projects, equipment / technology changes, or trends which may affect sales.
- Impacts the organization’s sales volume and profitability through the development and implementation of effective marketing programs and strategies, creative product development efforts, and sound business planning strategies.
VI. Essential Physical Requirements
- Up to 50% travel. Balance of time in an office environment. Requires both in office and remote computer usage and includes moderate exposure to many manufacturing environments.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
If you are having issues with the upload link, please send your resume to MactacResume@Mactac.com