To provide complete sales coverage to assigned accounts in support of targeted sales growth and profit objectives.
More focused on execution of less complex sales cycles and customer complexity. Typical customers would be mid-sized to large distribution accounts, purchasing mainly wide format digital and commercial offset products. A rep who is proficient in sales to this customer base will have a good working knowledge of the sign and graphics industry, the commercial print industry, and wide format and offset products. They will also be adept at matching our products to application requirements at their customer base. They still require management oversight for more complex application requirements, and price negotiations.
- Establishes and maintains cordial and effective relationships with key personnel at assigned accounts in technical, production, purchasing, and management areas.
- Must be excellent at prospecting and expanding wallet share at existing accounts.
- Coordinates negotiating and resolving issues which arise between assigned accounts and Mactac on matters relating to product performance, pricing, service, etc.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of Mactac’s existing business, available existing business, and new business for the account and Mactac’s strategy to maintain the business we have today, obtain the business now owned by our competition, and how we plan to execute on new business available to both Mactac and our customer
- Organizes, coordinates and conducts customer sales presentations.
- Assists in inventory management at key distributors within territory channel.
- Assists in the management of accounts receivable at acceptable levels with assistance from the Sales Manager and Credit Department.
- Active use and proficiency of Mactac’s CRM system to manage territory goals.
- Provides reports as requested by management, including: Sales Call Reports; Weekly Business Reports; Quarter Ending Reports; Annual Projection Reports; and Annual Forecasts.
- Provides weekly schedule of business activities to Sales Manager for planning purposes.
- Communicates required demand, order, and/or design information using the proper forms accurately and completely filled out.
- Complete account profile and strategy forms for all assigned accounts.
- Communicates competitive developments in assigned territory regarding marketing strategies, pricing structures or product performance and communicates intelligence to management.
- Manages expenses within agreed upon limits.
- Coordinates Sales Management, R&D, Marketing and Field Service in support of field trials and customer start-ups.
- Maintains effective and accurate records and reports summarizing the “added value” delivered by Mactac.
- Maintains effective business relationships with Customer Service, Marketing, R&D, and other company departments.
- Initiates and orchestrates customer visits at company operations.
- Required to be proactive in maintaining appropriate knowledge base of product lines of both Mactac and customers, along with knowledge of allied and customer industries.
- Continuously develops, improves and upgrades skills to maintain appropriate product and industry knowledge, including communication and personal computer skills/software.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Extensive travel within assigned territory, up to 75% out of home market.
- Uphold Mactac’s values of integrity and dedication to professional excellence
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of personnel both within and outside Mactac.
- Knowledge of personal computers (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational, problem solving, time management and interpersonal skills to effectively manage business growth.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations publicly in a professional matter.
- Background in Printing, Graphics, and Commercial Offset products required.
- Basic understanding of applicable equipment fundamentals.
- Holds relevant travel documentation for airline travel which may include a passport and / or work visa.
- Innovative and logical in problem solving skills and able to recommend resolution to issues, internally and with customers, vendors and other Mactac facilities.
- Ability to work with all levels of management at large distribution partners.
The above skills may be acquired from:
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university required.
- 5 years of successful sales experience.
Frequent ongoing contact with Sales, Marketing, Support Staff, Customer Service, Plant Managers, R&D, and Management to facilitate sales growth and customer satisfaction.
Frequent ongoing contact with key personnel at assigned accounts, including technical, production, purchasing, and management areas to facilitate sales growth and customer satisfaction.
There is a direct responsibility to provide account management and profitable sales growth of Mactac products, as well as introduction of accounts to other company products and personnel.
VI Essential Physical Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Employee spends a great deal of time talking on the phone and using a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Up to 75% travel, including overnight by auto and air, as required by the region size and account needs.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.