This position is accountable for the identification of HR needs and the development, implementation and maintenance of programs to meet identified needs. Key responsibilities will be to provide leadership for the day-to-day human resources initiatives; leading change initiatives; leading training and development initiatives, and building an employee oriented culture. Strong employment and employee relations skills, experience with talent acquisition and salary/compensation planning process and knowledge of employment law are necessary. Solid project management, time management, and analytical skills, along with excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills, are essential. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced 24/7 manufacturing environment where intellectual courage, interpersonal savvy, and demonstrated emotional intelligence are demanded. The successful candidate will be consultative in nature, yet quick to assess situations and move to decision making, and deliver effective solutions.
Single location with more than 150 – 200 employees. The position will be an integral team member of the Mactac HR Team, which consists of HR members located at Mactac Headquarters and other Mactac manufacturing plants. This is an intermediate HR management role that requires previous HR experience in manufacturing.
- Identify and proactively defuse risk and potential liability with respect to people management issues (which includes conducting fair and accurate investigations);
- Comply, advocate and lead Health, Safety & Environmental programs;
- Promotes and supports Mactac health and wellness initiatives;
- Forging liaison with central HR teams (HRIS, Benefits, Compensation) to create innovative HR programs;
- Accountable for accurate data entry, understanding current ADP/HRIS processes, and partnering with business leaders to ensure data integrity;
- Work with managers to create a learning environment at all levels in the organization; skill training, professional development and continuous improvement should be central to the company’s value proposition for all employees;
- Provides guidance to leaders regarding employee matters to include performance coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, Individual Development Plans, Human Capital Plans, succession planning, salary planning, etc.;
- Provides guidance on workforce planning which may include organizational re-design work, facilitation of a Talent Review/Selection process, job description creation and analysis, promotions, etc.;
- Partners and collaborates with business leaders and serves as a member of the leadership team;
- Responsible for project management of various initiatives, and may serve as a team/project leader in company-wide projects generated from Business Partners and the Corporate HR function;
- Partners with the HR and Shared Services to ensure alignment with the needs of the business in the creation and delivery of HR programs;
- Acts as the primary liaison between employees, management and Mactac headquarters;
- Interprets and communicates Company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with federal and state laws, such as ADA, FLSA, FMLA and EEO/AAP;
- Coaches and advises managers regarding policies, procedure, work-related conflicts, disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, terminations, and legal guidelines;
- Responsible for employee relations along with understanding the responsibility to promote a strong employer-employee relationship;
- Oversees personnel records management;
- Acts as Change Agent within area of responsibility based on ability to flex communication style, will promote and facilitate communication to all levels of the organization in order to promote a high performing and engaged workforce;
- Coordinates employee events;
- Manages Human Resources Department Plant Budget;
- Other duties as assigned or identified.
- Decision Impact: Plant
- Budgetary (P&L) Responsibility: Budget
- Direct Reports: Yes (2)
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: If Applicable
- Management Responsibilities Level: Mentor / Coach / Leader
- Reports to: Director of Human Resources
- Location: Columbus, Indiana (Close proximity to Indianapolis, IN)
- Travel: 10%
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Communications, or other related field
- MBA Degree preferred
- Professional Human Resources (PHR), or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification OR SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Lean Manufacturing experience required
- 10 Years of experience in HR Roles
- Minimum 3 years in a Management role and leading a team
- Microsoft Office experience required
- HRIS System Experience required
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Change agent management style required
- Strong communication skills required
- Broad knowledge and experience of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, federal and state employment law, performance management, organizational planning, diversity, organizational development, employee relations, safety, and training development required
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Eligible or Ineligible for Relocation
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one for you and your family.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
If you are having issues uploading your resume, please email it directly to MactacResume@Mactac.com
|Job Category||Human Resources|