Responsible for creating and executing marketing plans to meet divisional objectives and achieve maximum profitability for assigned product lines. Manages the daily marketing activities including pricing, product development, product management, product positioning, sales promotion and advertising.
Level II: Proficient at the following duties with only occasional management support and supervision to handle intermediate to difficult issues
- Develops and implements a business plan for assigned product(s) in coordination with appropriate sales, marketing, R&D, customer service, technical and operations representatives.
- Develops pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives with customer satisfaction.
- Develops sales tools to support the sales effort, including sales and development success stories, direct mailings on product/market information to customers, etc.
- Coordinate marketing activities and procedures to promote products and services.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Perform product life cycle analysis and implement plans to optimize profitability throughout the life cycle.
- Perform multi-generational product planning to assure sales volumes as technology and markets change.
- Continuously work closely with sales personnel to support the selling effort and maintain contact with key accounts.
- Maintain relationships with key accounts to clearly understand customer CTQs and trends within the market.
- Work with Supply Chain and Operations to achieve cost reductions, efficient product manufacturing, manage inventory levels and service.
- Work with customers, sales and customer service to identify product opportunities, develop plans to bring them to market, support selling efforts and maximize service levels to customers.
- Manage advertising and promotional expenditures to maximize results and meet divisional budget plans.
- Conduct market research to identify key competitors, their strategies, market share, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and develop plans to exploit Mactac’s strengths within market segments.
- Work with appropriate operations personnel to identify cost savings opportunities for product lines and act to implement programs to achieve them
- Maintain relationships with the appropriate raw material supplier commercial and technical teams.
- Work with appropriate OEM’s to gain product approvals wherever possible.
- Work with appropriate supporting customer material and equipment suppliers to support the sales effort and acquire Mactac specifications where possible.
- Work cooperatively with all functional groups within Mactac.
- Provide reports to management as required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact will all levels of personnel both within and outside MACtac.
- Working knowledge of personal computers (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational, planning, administration, problem solving, time management and interpersonal skills to effectively manage business growth.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations in a professional matter.
- Background in Printing, Roll Label, Graphics, Distributor, and/or Technical products preferred.
- Basic understanding of applicable equipment fundamentals.
- Good knowledge of present and potential markets for assigned product(s) – including specific accounts by geographical location, potential sales volume, possible purchasing and operations management contacts, etc.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality standards, product specifications and customer requirements.
- Good knowledge of the ancillary suppliers and products that are used in concert with assigned products.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or multiple years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- A MBA is preferred.
- Project Management training preferred.
- Minimum 5-7+ years of successful sales/marketing experience in the pressure sensitive or related industry
- Must possess ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach and influence others.
- Trade shows, seminars, publications etc.
- Frequent ongoing contact with Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, R&D, Support Staff, Plant Managers, and Management.
- Frequent ongoing contact with customers and potential customers, key personnel at assigned accounts, including technical, production, purchasing and management areas to facilitate market growth and customer satisfaction.
While this position has no direct operational responsibility, a considerable impact can be made on sales volume and profitability through establishing sound business planning and monitoring systems, effective sales visits and presentations, and action plans which result in improved sales results.
VI. Essential Physical Requirements
The employee in this position is required to frequently stand, walk and sit. In addition, the position requires manual dexterity for use of computer keyboard and mouse. An employee in this position may be required to travel 35% – 50% of the time.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
If you have issues submitting through the below, please email your resume to MactacResumes@Mactac.com