Provide technical support for the Mactac North America Windows server infrastructure.
• Plan, deploy, support, and upgrade Windows server related hardware, operating software and server based applications in a VMware/Citrix XenApp environment
• Provide proactive capacity management and performance monitoring support
• Create and document backup and recovery plans for server farm
• Provide patch management and deployment for server infrastructure
• Provide planning and support as needed to other IT teams including Applications Development, End User Support, Networking and International Support teams
• Provide off hours support in a 7X24 operating environment
• Provide secondary administrative support for Microsoft SharePoint
• Other duties as assigned
• OS experience including Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2
• Experience deploying and supporting VMware vSphere hosts and Virtual Machines
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DNS,
• SMTP, DHCP, etc.)
• Experience with Active Directory administration
• Experience supporting Citrix XenApp(Presentation Sever) 4.5+
• Experience supporting SharePoint 2013
• Bonus Knowledge: Rightfax, Microsoft CRM, Cognos BI, and Office 365 applications
• A Bachelor degree with emphasis on Information Technology, MIS and/or Engineering
• 3+ years’ experience providing technical support for a 25+ Microsoft server environment
Will interface daily with other members of the IT support team. Will communicate directly with internal business users to provide support and assistance on an as needed basis.
Will work directly with external vendors and consultants for strategic planning and to diagnose and correct
V. Essential Physical Requirements
Individual may be required to work in both plant and office environments. Requires physical movement such as bending and lifting up to 40lbs of varying frequency.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
|Job Category||Information Technology|