This role will focus on both recruiting and talent management. The recruiting function purpose will be to provide recruiting services to the Mactac Headquarters, Plants, and Distribution Centers for vacant and new salaried positions, non-exempt, and hourly roles.
- Creates and manages the New Hire Orientation Process.
- Secures necessary Position Vacancy Form, job description, and position approvals from the appropriate managers.
- Coordinates advertisement of position vacancy to internal and external candidates through internal postings, newspaper ads, internet, the Department of Workforce Development, and other forms of advertisement.
- Sources and attracts candidates through network connections, resume searches, professional networking sites and events.
- Reviews submitted resumes, screens out applicants, and submits qualified candidates to the hiring manager for review.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the hiring manager and provides updates in regard to recruiting progress.
- Organizes interview schedules for candidates, hiring manager and self.
- Initiates candidate assessments with outside vendors where appropriate and reviews information with hiring team.
- Reviews interview results with the hiring manager; determines best candidates for second interviews; establishes interview dates and formats; extends invitations to applicants; discusses and collects evaluations from interviewers; and initiates offer and turn-down communications.
- Extends offers of employment, both verbally over the telephone and in writing.
- Coordinates drug test and background check.
- Facilitates negotiations of offers between the candidates, hiring managers, and other HR Staff.
- Sets up and coordinates New Hire Orientation.
- Communicates information on new hires via e-mail to appropriate personnel such as IT for equipment, Executive Assistant for credit card and Concur set up, and the Mail Room.
- Gathers information from employees leaving the company through a formal exit interview process as directed and provides the data to the appropriate personnel.
- Evaluates and recommends changes/enhancements to the salaried recruiting process.
- Trains the hiring team on effective interviewing skills where appropriate.
- Manages the summer intern program and coordinates our co-op program
- Must possess mature interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an outgoing personality to effect positive relations with hiring managers and candidates.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrates a professional presence and confidence when training and facilitating.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills to handle a large volume of paper flow and ability to determine appropriate priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws relating to hiring practices and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience with HRIS systems as well as professional networking sites.
- User knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel; advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Publisher. Comfortable with the use of technology for delivering both classroom and blended learning.
- Strong understanding in the use of core competencies and behavioral based interviewing.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Resources, training or related field.
- 3+ years of previous experience in Human Resources in a Talent Acquisition Role.
- Experience working with a manufacturing company required.
- Internal and external seminars and trade journals.
- ADP experience preferred.
High frequency contact with:
- Managers requesting recruiting assistance.
- Departments with a need to know about new hires/rehires.
- Human Resources department.
- Employees looking for information regarding employment opportunities within the Company.
- Employees from various departments (Engineering, Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, etc.) during preparation and delivery of presentations or individual training needs.
- Leaders at various levels within Mactac to understand needs in addition to gaining perspective on improvements.
Frequent contact with:
- Local newspapers, internet posting entities, and the Department of Workforce Development regarding ad placement.
- Outside Employment agencies regarding the placement of temporary employees or fulfillment of upper level positions.
- Outside vendors who conduct candidate assessments.
- Candidates looking for employment opportunities.
While there is no direct responsibility for major assets or operations, a considerable impact can be made on company performance by coordinating the employment of the best qualified candidates into Mactac position openings and maintaining integrity within the Company’s Equal Opportunity compliance. An impact is made on internal customer relations (other employees) through the effective coordination and delivery of training. An impact is made with internal and external customer satisfaction and quality of products and services delivered if employees assimilate training concepts into their daily habits.
VI. Essential Physical Requirements
The employee in this position is required to frequently stand, walk and sit. In addition, this position requires manual dexterity for use of computer keyboard and mouse. A large amount of time is spent on the telephone. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs and transport training materials and equipment. Must have mobility amongst Mactac facilities and hold a valid driver’s license.
Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case by case basis.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
|Job Category||Human Resources|