Supports and services new and existing products and customers. Provides technical support to Printing Products sales force and customers guided by business objectives.
- Responds to technical inquiries related to ink selection, printing, converting, and application, and provides product recommendations, by phone and in person.
- Acts as technical liaison to assist in directing and expediting customer claims.
- Provides technical support for new product introductions.
- Organizes and carries out field-testing of selected new products to assure performance requirements are met. Reports in summary form on field-testing results.
- Conducts technical seminars and training for customers and sales force.
- Works with Quality Assurance in preparing benchmark studies to monitor key products and primary competitive products.
- Prepares communication materials, including training literature, technical articles and bulletins.
- Maintains positive relationships with co-suppliers.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact will all levels of personnel both within and outside Mactac – be approachable and take initiative
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office package
- Strong organizational, planning, administration, problem solving, time management and interpersonal skills to effectively manage business growth
- Strong technical writing background preferred
- BA or BS in technical discipline preferred.
- Printing or manufacturing experience with pressure sensitive materials desirable.
- Experience (1 to 3 years) with direct customer contact (sales background helpful) or relevant internships.
- Frequent contact with various levels of Mactac personnel
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
V. Essential Physical Requirements
The employee in this position is required to frequently stand, walk and sit. In addition, the position requires manual dexterity for use of computer keyboard and mouse. An employee in this position is required to travel 30-50% of the time. Light lifting occasionally.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
|Job Category||Research and Development|