Headquartered in Stow, Ohio, Mactac was founded as Morgan Adhesives Co. in 1959 by the late entrepreneur Burton (Burt) Morgan. Along with financial backing from Bemis Co. and a business model that focused on providing high quality products, innovative solutions and superior customer service, Mactac flourished. For 60 years, we’ve been manufacturing and distributing pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) materials that are used in label printing, graphic design, packaging, retail display, fleet graphics, automotive assembly, medical device assembly, and more. Today, Mactac employs 525 people and has operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Mactac’s parent company, LINTEC, is a leading company in the field of adhesive materials. The product lineup covers many diversified fields including not only adhesive papers and films for seals and labels, but also shatter-proof window films, adhesive sheets for outdoor signs, interior finishing mounting sheets, automobile-use adhesive products, semiconductor-related tape, and LCD-related adhesive products.
Mactac pressure sensitive adhesives are used in a wide range of markets and industries and our business is structured accordingly. We are a vertically integrated organization comprised of five business units – each specially designed to meet the unique needs of our customers.
Supports and services new and existing products and customers. Provides technical support to Printing Products sales force and customers guided by business objectives.
- Responds to technical inquiries related to ink selection, printing, converting, and application, and provides product recommendations, by phone and in person.
- Acts as technical liaison to assist in directing and expediting customer claims.
- Provides technical support for new product introductions.
- Organizes and carries out field-testing of selected new products to assure performance requirements are met. Reports in summary form on field-testing results.
- Conducts technical seminars and training for customers and sales force.
- Works with Quality Assurance in preparing benchmark studies to monitor key products and primary competitive products.
- Prepares communication materials, including training literature, technical articles and bulletins.
- Maintains positive relationships with co-suppliers.
- Decision Impact: Department with Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Department Responsibility: Roll Label Division
- Budgetary (P&L) Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: If Applicable
- Management Responsibilities Level: Individual Contributor / Entry – Level
- Reports to: Technical Service Manager
- Location: Stow, OH (Close proximity to Cleveland/Akron Ohio)
- Travel: 30 – 50% of the time, Domestic
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts or Science, Chemistry Degree preferred
- Master’s preferred, not required
- Lean / Six Sigma preferred, not Required
- Industry experience preferred, not required
- 1-3 years of experience in customer-facing roles or in an applicable internship
- Intermediate Microsoft Office experience required
- ERP Experience not-required
- Developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Ineligible for Relocation
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one for you and your family. Gym on-site with a weekly yoga class.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
If you are having issues applying, please send your resume directly to MactacResume@Mactac.com
|Job Category||Research and Development|