Performs a variety of activities involved in the overall running of the slitter. Primary responsibilities are, when following the finishing schedule, to constantly monitor all phases of the operator’s support group, to maintain productivity, and quality. To maximize waste reduction efforts in order to ensure that continuous improvement goals are achieved or exceeded. Other responsibilities include the following: Ensures all employees are following environmental, safety and housekeeping standards and regulations.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform pre start lift inspections, Crane inspections, and Shift Passovers talks.
- Ensures all safety guards and devices on slitter are functioning properly.
- Ensures that the slitter is producing quality product.
- Ensures proper materials and machine settings are used.
- Communicates support needs of the machine center as required.
- Ensures that all instructions are carried out.
- Ensures all paper-work and data entry is completed accurately.
- Ensures crew is working towards optimum productivity and waste reduction capabilities.
- As needed, communicates with Distribution Warehouse Coordinator upon completion of scheduled work.
- Monitors deviations in materials and running conditions; makes corrections with crew assistance; and reports deviations to manager.
- Performs all 5S activities as assigned in the time frame provided per procedures.
- Performs other duties as required, including assisting in preparation and packaging.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Distribution Warehouse Manager.
- If serving as the Lead Person for the Distribution Center, please see Lead Person Job Description for additional duties and essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or the ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of each machine station prior to obtaining operator status.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use basic computer system’s hardware and software
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form with various levels of plant personnel.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to operate a forklift is preferred.
This position works in the production facility. Reflective clothing, Eye and foot protection are mandatory.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Warehouse|